Volunteer with SCM!
The Student Christian Movement of Canada (SCM) is a progressive student movement on university campuses engaged in faith and social justice. Since 1921, students have led the SCM in exploring and challenging the Christian tradition and its meaning in society and culture. With members from all Christian denominations and places of spiritual seeking, SCM seeks to build communities where friendship, critical thinking and political action can flourish. The SCM strives to practice anti-oppression principles – queer affirming, anti-racist, and decolonizing – and to create an environment where all are welcomed and empowered.
Volunteer students are a core of the Student Christian Movement. Volunteers will have the opportunity to practice and grow in their leadership and creative skills, and learn more about SCM, different theologies, and current world issues. SCM Canada is invested in our volunteers’ personal growth. You do not need to be an expert in any field. The most important thing is that you are interested in SCM’s work, and are open to learning!
This is a work from home position, and volunteers will be allowed to select how many hours they dedicate to the position each week.
- Passion for action on faith and social justice issues
- Understanding of SCM Canada’s values, and the willingness to uphold them – you can find statements on our values here: https://scmcanada.org/about-us/mission/
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Regular access to internet
- An interest in one or more of the following: graphic design, writing, research,
- video production, event facilitation, event programming, education, and outreach
- Knowledge of more than one major social media platform preferred (TikTok,
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Attend weekly team meetings to discuss goals for the week ahead
- Attend SCM events relevant to your tasks/skills
- Create original social media content using your unique interests and skills
- Create promotional materials
- Foster and maintain relationships with other student run organizations
- Provide ideas about how SCM could continue to provide content and programming to students
If interested, please fill out the following application: https://airtable.com/shrxPRpLziQypUtfM