Join our faith and action programs!
Join an SCM Committee
Join a committee to help us create faith in action programs. You can join the Communications Committee, Program committee, or Cahoots Festival Commitee. Email email@example.com
Attend Cahoots Festival
An annual Faith, Justice, and DIY festival with 30 workshops, great music and art. The festival brings together over 150 people from 10 denominations. Tickets are very affordable – usually around $100 for 4 days of workshops, all meals included, and cabin or camping. All the programming is organised by the attendees – we’re all about ‘DIY’ rather than flying in big-name speakers.
We’re currently looking for accessible sites for the 2018 festival, date TBD.
Expose yourself to New Ideas through our Global Programs
We offer opportunities to learn about another context and new ideas every year through our global programs. Sometimes we travel to retreats in the US and sometimes we travel globally and visit other justice and faith movements. We also take part in World Student Christian Federation international events.
Join an SCM Group in Your Area
The basic unit of SCM is the Local Unit. SCM groups provide a safe space for students to explore spiritual questions and to work together on justice-focused projects. Check out the Local Unit page for details of existing groups, and how to get in touch.
Organize an SCM Group in Your Area
No SCM in your area?
We can help you start one! We will help you set-up your group and provide training to run its activities. We also have a step-by-step manual that helps you to organize your group, with activity ideas, funding, group dynamics and other suggestions.
Download 2016 Oct Organizing Manual
In your SCM group you can:
- Facilitate Progressive Bible studies and discussion circles
- Organize movie and dinner nights on justice issues
- Organize an open mic night on the social gospel
- Run feminist bible studies
- Organize public actions to witness for justice
- Lead ecumenical or/and interfaith worship and develop spiritual practices
- Run anti-oppression & theology workshops
- Hold interfaith dialogue and social action
- Bake sales to raise money for activist organisations
- Retreats & leadership development
- Do something awesome we can’t even imagine!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start a group.