The Student Christian Movement of Canada (SCM) is seeking an Office Administrator to work in its Toronto office.
SCM is also hiring the General Secretary: link
Deadline for Applications: Feb 14, 2021 (applications received until position is filled)
Work location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract: 10hr/week, 1 year contract
How to Apply: Send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
In your letter, please indicate how you meet the qualifications, experience, and skills criteria, and the contribution you feel you can make toward the goals of SCM.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The successful applicant will offer administration and technical support to the work of the Student Christian Movement (SCM) Canada Office. They will be accountable to the General Secretary.
The SCM or Student Christian Movement is a progressive network engaged in social justice and faith. We are a non-dogmatic community of diverse belief systems where faith and radical political action flourish. We encourage applicants from a diversity of backgrounds such as race, language, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability.
The position has flexible hours, and may include some weekend/evening work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Experience of professional office work.
– Comfortable working in a Christian organization
– Commitment to working in an anti-oppressive framework, including anti-racist, decolonizing, feminist, and LGBTQ.
– Experience with SCM’s work on a national or regional level, or a similar organization, is an asset.
– Experience with bookkeeping is a strong asset.
– Able to work independently and with guidance from the General Secretary
– Ability to take initiative and work without direction, when needed. Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize day-to-day activities
– Strong organizational skills and time management.
– Strong administrative computer skills, including database (customer relationship management), Google Suite, word processing, email, WordPress.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including via email, phone and video call, and text.
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
– Experience with programs like Mailchimp, Discord, Canva, Instagram and Facebook is an asset.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Operate the SCM’s Canada Office, including managing mail, receiving and paying bills, and keeping financial records.
– Take phone calls and emails, communicating with SCM supporters, as well as other office users, General Secretary, Board members and volunteers.
– Supporting event planning by taking on specific tasks as assigned by the General Secretary
– Supporting occasional large-scale mailing campaigns
– Administering and updating the SCM contact database
– Maintaining a calendar for the SCM Board and General Secretary
– Supporting SCM Treasurer with financial records, including bookkeeping, banking, receipting donations, and communicating with donors.
– Work with and support volunteers/interns on tasks and projects.
– Available for occasional weekend and evening work, as arranged.
– Other duties as required.