We are hiring a Festival & Resource Coordinator!
Dates: The position is for 7 weeks starting July 3rd and ending August 18th, 2017. There is some flexibility about the dates.
Pay: $15/hour for 30 hours a week
Requirement: You must be a full-time student between the ages of 15-30 years old with the intention of returning to full time studies in the fall of 2017.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Application Deadline: June 1, 2017
How to Apply: Send application to: email@example.com by June 1, 2017
About the Position:
The Festival & Resource Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Cahoots organizing collective around Cahoots 2017, including feedback and analysis and communicating with participants, and preparation for Cahoots 2018
- Participating in organizing SCM’s fall retreat in Manitoba, including logistics, programming, promotion and working with the planning team.
- Creating a devotional resource that connects faith and justice, in connection with the General Secretary and other resource people.
- Participation in SCM activities over the summer
- Supporting the SCM General Assembly (August)
We are looking for students who have:
- Understanding of the political and theological orientation of social justice and faith movements
- Experience or exposure to SCM’s work on a national or regional level and/or experience in an organization with similar vision
- Interest in the Christian ecumenical movement and in working in such an organization.
- A commitment to working in an anti-oppressive framework, including anti-racist, feminist, and LGBTQIA2+ inclusive & affirming.
- The desire to develop skills in event planning, resource creation, and working with church communities & faith based organizations.
About Student Christian Movement
The Student Christian Movement (SCM) is a progressive network engaged in social justice and faith. We are a non-dogmatic community of diverse belief systems where faith and radical political action flourish.
Application Instructions: Send a short letter (350 words at minimum) about your interest in the position and why you are suited for it, and tell us about yourself and your studies.
Include a copy of your CV.
The SCM especially encourages applicants from racialized groups, and from a diversity of gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability. If you are comfortable, please identify this in your application.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2017