We are looking to hire a student for the position of Festival Resources & Event Assistant
Duration: The position is for 8 weeks starting July 1st and ending August 26, 2016.
Pay: $15/hour for 30 hours a week
Requirement: You must be a full-time student between the ages of 15-30 years old with the intention of returning to full time studies in the fall of 2016.
Application Deadline: June 13th, 2016
How to Apply: Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 13, 2016
About the Position:
The Festival Resources & Event Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting Cahoots Collective to organize Cahoots 2017
- Coordinating SCM’s resource: Faith Study Guide on Justice Issues
- Supporting organize SCM’s fall retreat: Turning Tables
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Working with the General Secretary, outreach to community members to create Faith Study Guide and find contributors
- Organize and edit study guide with General Secretary
- Research and Contact local faith communities and churches to promote SCM’s fall retreat
- Support in organizing all aspects of the fall retreat, including logistics, programming, promotion and attending committee meetings.
- Support in preliminary organizing of Cahoots festival 2017
We are looking for students who have:
– Understanding of the political and theological orientation of social justice and faith movements
– Experience or exposure to SCM’s work on a national or regional level and/or experience in an organisation with similar vision
– Interest in the Christian ecumenical movement
– A Commitment to working in an anti-oppressive framework, including anti-racist, feminist, and LGBTQ
And interest in learning how to organize events, work with church communities, and faith based organzations.
About Student Christian Movement
The SCM or Student Christian Movement is a progressive network engaged in social justice and faith. We are a non-dogmatic community of diverse belief systems where faith and radical political action flourish.
Application Instructions: Send 350 words min about why you want and are suited for the position and tell us about yourself! And send us your CV. We especially encourage applicants from racialized groups, and from a diversity of gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability. If you are comfortable, please identify this in your application.